I am currently parroting The Flawfinder in this post. (Uhh. Let me borrow these questions please?). Granted that I am not enjoying The World God Only Knows Season 2 and I am still on my Rakugo rewatch, no original Samui thoughts for today. Let’s start, shall we?
1. Who is the best male anime character?
The Monte Cristo. Darn, that dude is so charismatic and dangerous but you can’t help but be drawn to him at the same time.
1b. Who is the male anime character you want to shoot in the face the most?
Tatsuya Shiba from The Irregular at Magic High School. I’ve never been so appalled by a Gary Stu before him.
Runner up: Haruta from HaruChika because he ate Google and Wikipedia.
EDIT: Mabuchi Kyouma from Dimension W is also a surefire contender in this question. Why so misogynistic towards Mira?
2. Who is the best female anime character?
Watanabe Saki of Shin Sekai Yori is the first one that came into my mind when I read this question.
2b. Who is the female anime character you want to shoot in the face the most?
Uhh… any annoying imouto will do. Ah! That imouto in Denpa Kyoushi.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
Baccano! or Mushishi or Cowboy Bebop
4. What is your favorite opening song + animation?
Baccano! takes the cake from all the shows I saw so far.
4b. What is the opening song + animation that gave you dog aids?
As if Denpa Kyoushi’s awful OP sequence is not enough.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
Yozakura Quartet – Hana no Uta’s ED. That gives me pure shounen ai bliss.
Serious answer: Psycho Pass S1’s ED is an awesome cyberpunk piece.
5b. What is the ending song + animation that made you want to commit suicide?
Mayoiga’s ED is as lazy as heck and I don’t care even an inch with the characters it shows per episode a la MS Powerpoint Presentation
6. What anime scene made you leap out of your chair and scream in joy?
I remember a moment in Eccentric Family when Ebisugawa’s plan to become the next leader was foiled because everyone turned back to tanukis due to the fear of being cooked. Yeah, that one. I thought “Serves you right!” for the first time.
Runner up: The last episode of School Days was sheer fun and so with Another’s insane ending.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Is there any anime character who’s not a high schooler and is actually good? Ayumi from Honey and Clover, maybe. For a dude? Yotaro from Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu will do.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
I am more like Hikigaya Hachiman way back in high school.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
The visual aesthetics and its moving plot which Western shows cannot imitate.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
Lolis. Sexualized lolis. I hate shows with lolis who are too sensual for their age.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Isaac and Miria because these two are freakin’ awesome. Yet the power couple of Okazaki and Nagisa from Clannad took my heart away.
11b. Which is the most likely couple to get a divorce?
Kirito and Asuna. I cannot see how their relationship will work in the long run.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Sakamoto from Nichijou. Or Daru from She and Her Cat.
13. What anime would make a good game?
Girls und Panzer. Moe + Actual action = Hit!
14. What game would make a good anime?
Final Fantasy I guess. What I mean is an actual 26 episode anime series and not those animated films.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
Excluding those big shounen titles in the 1990s, it was Sword Art Online. Yes, I am a late bloomer in this community.
15b. What was the first anime you watched that sucked so hard?
Recently, My Little Sister Acts Unusual. I honestly think it was much worse than Guilty Crown.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
Around the same time I’ll stop breathing, I guess.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Slice of Life and Psychological Thriller. I’ll eat anything Evangelion/Psycho Pass/Shin Sekai Yori/Akagami no Shirayukihime.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
As much as a fudanshi I am, I loathe how yaoi portrays same sex relationships in anime. Also don’t expect me to watch ecchi shows unless it’s Grisaia.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
People call me an otaku in flesh, isn’t that enough?
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Not yet. I plan to go next year once I have the money.
21. What anime disappointed you so much that you started to lose faith in it?
Elfen Lied and Gangsta. Both sucked so hard in their respective latter halves and made me rethink about investing emotionally in anime shows.
22. What anime made you out to be a fool for questioning its awesomeness?
Mawaru Penguindrum and Evangelion.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
That Kiritsugu versus Kirei match from Fate Zero was simply amazing.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
Uhm… Can I ask for a husbando instead? Well, Akane from Grisaia no Kajitsu will do.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Donkey Kong, but I was never able to finish that game because I love books more than everything.
25b. What was the worst video game you played as a child?
Uh… I cannot remember to be honest.
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
I wrote a song for Pokemon and my sister caught me singing that song. That was 14 years ago.
27. Can you drive?
No. I think I can fly.
28. Are you mature?
Depends on who I speak with.
29. What year were you born?
An early 1990s kid.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Both. I have a cat at home and I have three freakin’ dogs who think I am their god or something.
31. Describe yourself physically.
Copy and paste how a generic MC in a LN adaptation looks. That’s it.
32. What would you name your first child?
Clark, or Krishna.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
I fell on a river while riding a bicycle when I was in grade school.
34. What is your
Detaching myself from any form of connection with the people I speak with.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I don’t. I used to drink hard when I was in the university but that was about 5 years ago.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Depends on the day. I am a morning person during weekdays but a night person on weekends because I have to catch up with all of these anime shows.
38. Have you ever slept past midday
Yes. When I still write for European websites, I slept at 5 am. Darn it. It took a toll to my already lanky figure.
39. Do you regret anything?
Saying yes to a proposal which scarred me for life.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Nope. I am pretty well-known in real life because I used to be a university professor. I am not emotionally invested with most people I know though.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Yes. I am near legally blind.
42. Are you a picky eater?
Just don’t feed me anything weird and we’re good.
43. Would you die for someone?
For my family? Yes. Someone else? No.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Ability to turn back time and correct things which I thought are ridiculously stupid.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Yes. I believe in God after all. So ghosts must be real, aren’t they?
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Rich – then I’ll invest in the stock market and travel all over the world. Or buy all those anime BDs.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
I think I am too good for crimes.
Time Traveler or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
Well, a young sensei is a magnet for those scary students. I know for sure that someone else in the university created an R-18 doujinshi about me and these other young professors. Ew.
50. Are you in a relationship?
Yes. I have a girlfriend who I labelled as yandere.